Tuesday, May 20, 2014

End of Fall Productions

Client hired me to do post production sound. Gave me unreasonable deadlines with poor production material. Ex: quoted 2 weeks for an episode that needed some major audio cleaning; was given 3 days to complete. Not even enough time to work out the kinks.
Intitially when discussing work with client I stated point blank I would work on the first episode on a flat rate and after that I would charge accordingly for the amount of time it would take me to work on each project. Client never payed his bill and I never got paid.
Many collegues of mine, including the one that introduced me to them warned me of their shady tactics. I was warned and didnt listen. Lesson learned. Now I want to make sure no one else gets screwed.
Thanks for your time.

No comments: